1) ASAP Part-Time Clerk, approximately 20 hours per week/starting pay $9.80/hour - to apply - resume and cover letter must be received by 4:00 pm on 11/10/16 at Rockingham/Harrisonburg ASAP, 350 North Main St., Harrisonburg, VA 22802.
Rockingham /Harrisonburg ASAP
Date of revision: 10/4/16
Pay Grade: 2
Description: The ASAP Clerk oversees
performs other general office duties. Please see below for a list of
- Assists probationers, court
staff, attorneys, other professionals, and the general public in
providing information concerning the program.
- Assists with verified
- Collects fees.
- Logs all contact
(face-to-face, telephone, electronic, etc) into the notes section of
- Answers phones, records, and
- Prepares client files.
- Schedules appointments.
- Closes and purges
- Assists Enrollment Officer
with data entry.
- Assists Case Managers with
filing and general clerical duties.
- Other duties as required by
the office manager or director.
Completion of a community, junior or business college or equivalent
work experience and training which provides required knowledge, skills, and
abilities to perform the duties of the job.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
Ability to work with minimum supervision. Ability to organize and maintain
records. Mental alertness and clerical
aptitude. Knowledge of and ability to
operate general office equipment such as computers, copiers, phone systems,
and faxes. Knowledge of filing
systems. Ability to work with the
public and establish and maintain effective working relationships with
co-workers. Ability to communicate
effectively both orally and in writing.
2) ASAP Part-Time Instructor 2- 8 hours per week/starting pay $20.00/hour
Position Description: The ASAP instructor facilitates
probationers’ involvement and participation in alcohol and/or drug education
groups utilizing a didactic-group process modality and curricula approved by
the Commission on VASAP.
- Provides educational/group
process services to persons classified and referred for services by the
ASAP case manager.
- Utilizes the appropriate
COVASAP approved curriculum
- Records and reports
- Maintains the
confidentiality of participants
- Administers sobriety checks
- Provides mid-point and final
reports on probationers
- Reports to ASAP case manager
probationer’s continued use of substances or need for additional
- Attends a minimum of 6 hours
of continuing education each
year, including any COVASAP sponsored training made available
B.S. in psychology, social work, or related field with a minimum of
one year’s experience in teaching/group facilitation. Ability to communicate ideas clearly and
concisely, both orally and in writing.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships. Some knowledge of the
psychological and social factors contributing to substance abuse, and the
knowledge of the various treatment and rehabilitative modalities